Fenero's engineering department adheres to the Semantic Versioning methodology for managing changes to its platform. This involves using a 3-part numbering scheme (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH/REVISION) to the different versions of our software based on the type of changes performed in each deployment.
A Major release may include updates that renders previous versions incompatible with the current release; a Minor release includes new features or updates to existing functionality that is backwards compatible; and a Patch/Revision release is primarily for bug fixes of the current version of the software.
As we continue to perform minor and patch builds to the Fenero platform, we will provide CHANGELOGs outlining these modifications. Feel free to bookmark and frequently visit our What's New - Versions section at least once every month to stay abreast of these changes.
Change Log - September 2017
- Some manual dial next calls didn’t hang-up recording channel, causing next call’s audio to appear in the recording
- Previous callback details would appear overlapped on agent UI. Updated UI to fix contents to fit section on screen
- Modified date field on leads would all be changed to the current date/time when lists were reset. Fix list reset process to no longer override data in this field
- When using Flow for previewing leads, Flow would reload entirely upon previewing and then fully reload again after clicking “Dial It”. Fix prevents double loading, which speeds up interaction handling for agents
- Upgraded WebRTC codec used by WebPhone, resulting in increased call quality
- When using Flow and Dial Next in preview mode, Dial Next will be enabled before disposition from Flow completed; caused agents to receive message stating Call Not Placed;
- New Staff Time Log report available. Lists event-based details for every log in/out activity by agents
- Call ID added to Recording Log report output to help link recordings to call detail records