Creating and managing IVRs is straightforward using the ‘Call Menus’ application.
From the Call Menus application select ‘New IVR’ which will present the following page.
- In the first field enter a name/description for the IVR.
- Select the message prompt you’d like to play to the callers. This message must notify the callers of their digit selection options. The right side of this option displays all of the audio prompts available to select from. (Your desired audio prompt must be recorded and or uploaded into the ‘Prompt and Messages’ application before it’s available for use here). To select a prompt, click the + symbol to the right of the audio prompt.
- Enter digit selection timeout (in seconds): This field allows you to set a timeout value. This is the number of seconds the IVR will wait to get a response from the caller.
- Prompt to play after digit selection timeout: Select an optional prompt to play when the caller doesn’t make a selection before the timeout expires (If a message is not specified, the system will repeat the message applied in step 2)
- Prompt to play after invalid option selection: Select an optional prompt to play when the caller selects an invalid option (If a message is not specified, the system will repeat the message applied in step 2)
- Maximum # of times to repeat IVR options: Specify the maximum number of times to repeat the main IVR prompt.
After specifying the IVRs general settings, the next step is to create and route the digit selection. Use the second section of the IVR to do so.
- Click the plus symbol to access the digit selection options, select your desired digits, enter a description for each selection and click the check mark to add the digit option.
- Once the option is added to the IVR, Check the radio button on the left of the digit to access and specify the routing options for that selection.