Each agent needs a station extension configured on the agent computer or on a hard SIP/VoIP phone to handle calls. Station extensions are created and managed with the Stations application.
To create a new station extension, navigate to the Stations icon within the Launchpad or by simply selecting the Administration menu and selecting Stations.
This will present a blank station extension template as shown below.
1. Click on the New Station button
This will open a blank Stations extension preference page. Complete the following form to create your desired station extension.
Station Extension: The Extension number you'd like to create
Full Name: Station Description
Caller ID: Station Outbound Caller ID
Station Type: Select the protocol to be used by the station. SIP is the default.
Secret: The system will automatically populate a random password for the station, this can be changed to your liking.
Use WebRTC Phone: Set this option to 'NO'.
WebRTC Auto Answer: This option is set to auto answer by default and will answer the systems call immediately upon agent login.
Custom Dial Plan: You can choose to leave this field empty or populate a custom Dial Plan of your choosing.
Once you have completed filling out the Stations form click on Save to return to the Stations template.
Setting up your Softphone (3CX / Zoiper)
What is 3CXPhone?
3CXPhone is a Windows application, iPhone app, and Android app that functions as an IP phone and allows you to make and receive calls using a head set or via the microphone and speakers of your computer.
Installing 3Cx Phone
The 3CXPhone is a software IP Phone and is easy install:
- Download the latest 3CXPhone from 3CX Download
- Click ‘Run’ to execute setup. Follow the dialogs.
- The files will be copied to your computer. Click on the Finish button to complete the installation.
- Now you will need to create a profile. Click Create new profile and follow the steps below to continue.
Configuring 3CXPhone for use with Fenero’s SIP services
- Enter a name for the connection. This is for your purposes only (The station extension is recommended).
- Enter the desired Caller ID
- Enter your SIP phone extension (labeled “Station Extension” in Fenero Manager’s Station settings) in both the ‘ Extension’ and in the ‘ID’ fields.
- Specify your password in the ‘Password’ field (labeled “Secret” in the Fenero Manager’s Station settings).
- Select the option “I am in the office” and specify your custom SIP domain 'YourCompanyName.fenero.com'. (This is labeled registration server in the Fenero Manager’s Station settings)
Click OK to create the connection. Once you have logged in successfully, the station status will read 'On Hook' with the values specified as the 'Account Name' displayed in the top right-hand corner.
Configuring Zoiper on Windows PCs (MAC Users use Zoiper)
What is Zoiper?
Like 3CXPhone, Zoiper is a Mac compatible application that functions as an IP phone and allows you to make and receive calls using a head set or via the microphone and speakers of your computer.
Installing and configuring Zoiper
- Download Zoiper and install the application.
- Click 'Settings', 'Create Account'
- Select the type of account you'd like to program on Zoiper. If the station type in Fenero is SIP, select 'SIP'. If the station type in Fenero is set to 'Inter-Asterisk-Exchange' select 'IAX'
- In the User field, specify the Fenero station extension.
- Enter the password for your station
- In the 'Domain / Outbound proxy' field specify the registration server.
- Click OK to create the connection. Once you have logged in successfully, you're able to log in as an agent using the station extension.